Season 4 of the Attack on Titan anime series is going to be its last one. The latest update regarding it is that the first look and trailer for the final season have been released on its official website. The said promotional video features the staff of the show including new animation studio MAPPA.
Yuichiro Hayashi is helming this one while Hiroshi Seko is its scriptwriter. Tomohiro Kishi is here to illustrate the characters while Hiroyuki Sawano and Kohta Yamamoto are the music composers.
On the official website, we can see the comments from Isayama, who also drew a picture as a thank you note for Wit Studio, Hayashi who helmed the first season, and the chief director Tetsuro Araki, who helmed the second and third installments along with the comments from MAPPA representative director Manabu Ohtsuka and Wit Studio representative director and president George Wada.
Attack on Titan season 4 trailer
Other staff members include:
- Chief Animation Director: Daisuke Niinuma
- Production Chief: Jun Shishido
- Effect Animation Director: Satoshi Sakai, Taichi Furumata
- Color Design: Junko Suenaga
- Art Director: Kazuo Ogura
- Screen Design: Yusuke Tannawa
- 3DCG Director: Takahiro Uezono
- Director of Photography: Shigeki Asakawa
- Editing: Masato Yoshitake
- Sound Director: Masafumi Mima
- Sound Effects: Naoto Yamatani (Sound Box)
- Sound Production: Tecno Sound
- Animation Producer: Masato Matsunaga
The returning cast includes:
- Yuuki Kaji as Eren Jaeger
- Yui Ishikawa as Mikasa Ackerman
- Marina Inoue as Armin Arlelt
- Hiro Shimono as Conny Springer
- Yu Kobayashi as Sasha Blouse
- Shiori Mikami as Historia Reiss
- Kishō Taniyama as Jean Kirschtein
- Yoshimasa Hosoya as Reiner Braun
- Romi Park as Hange Zoë
- Hiroshi Kamiya as Levi
- Takehito Koyasu as Zeke
As promised, on July 17, 2020, a compilation film titled Shingeki no Kyojin: Chronicle will be released for a limited theatrical run in Japan. Basically, it will be a summary of all the 59 episodes that aired till now. (check: Space Force season 2.)
In June 2019, it was announced via the third season finale episode that the Attack on Titan season 4 will premiere in fall 2020. But, as of now, there is no mention of the same on the official site. Also, the released promo video doesn’t feature the release date. It only shows that the final installment will air on NHK General.
Check: Netflix’s The Crown Season 4 Release Date, Cast, Trailer, Plot: Details That You May Want To Know
The first installment of the Attack on Titan series premiered in April 2013 followed by second in April 2017. The third season was divided into two parts. The first one aired in July 2018 while the second half was released in April 2019 in Japan. The official streaming partners for the anime are FUNimation, Crunchyroll, and Hulu.
Moreover, the Attack on Titan manga creator Hajime Isayama had stated, in November 2018, that the manga series will resume this year. At that time, he had showcased a rough layout draft for the same on the MBS documentary program Jonetsu Tairiku. As per the latest update, right from Isayama’s official twitter handle, the Attack on Titan chapter 129 will be released in June 2020.