Happy Memorial Day 2020 Images: The federal holiday meant for honoring and applauding how many US military personnel died for the sake of the nation and its citizens. Previously, it was celebrated as Decoration Day and observed on May 30 between 1868 to 1970. (Also read: Memorial Day Quotes.)
Those who follow the tradition, go to the cemetery with flowers and honor them with few minutes of silence. Other than that some people place the American flag on the graves of brave soldiers. It is observed on last Monday of May month every year.
With this day, summer starts unofficially and now the day falls on last Monday of May each year. The date has changed for the federal holiday to make a long memorial weekend.
Some people confuse this day with Veterans Day and Armed Forces Day. These two days are meant for some different purpose. Today, the memorial day (2020) is celebrated in memories of those who lost their lives on the battlefield.
Happy Memorial Day 2020 Images: Remembrance and Patriotic Quotes, Pictures, Pics, Photos, HD Wallpapers
Why this day is originated after the Civil War? Well, the Civil War ended during the spring of 1865, and US Armed lost a huge number of soldiers in that. With this, the proposal has put forward the construction of the US’s first national cemetery.
After this event, the US citizens started giving tribute to the brave one on their graves by decorating with flowers and the national flags. Along with this, people also pray for them and their families to whom this is a huge loss.
Nowadays, the majority of young people make use of the technology known as smartphones and social media to celebrate with everyone on this day. You can also do this by making one of the images below as your Whatsapp, Facebook, or Instagram status and be a part of the celebration.
You have to do this because currently, the human world is in war with COVID-19, so we have to obey the social distancing to slow down the spread. You can send these images below to each other and celebrate this day virtually.
Happy Memorial Day Quotes: Patriotic and Remembrance Messages
- Without memory, there is no culture. Without memory, there would be no civilization, no society, no future. – Elie Wiesel
- The legacy of heroes — the memory of a great name, and the inheritance of a great example. – Benjamin Disraeli
- No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks. – St. Ambrose
- Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few. – Winston Churchill
- The veterans of our military services have put their lives on the line to protect the freedoms that we enjoy. They have dedicated their lives to their country and deserve to be recognized for their commitment. – Judd Gregg
- It’s better to fight for something in life than to die for nothing. – Gen. George S. Patton
- We take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude. – Cynthia Ozick
- I think of a hero as someone who understands the degree of responsibility that comes with his freedom. – Bob Dylan
- So long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good. – Helen Keller
- Our nation owes a debt to its fallen heroes that we can never fully repay. – Barack Obama
Stay tuned with TheCourierDaily (TCD!) for more news.