Every year, National Girlfriends Day is celebrated on August 1. This year, i.e., in 2020, national gf day will be observed on Saturday. It is a perfect occasion to shower love on the lady in your life. Generally, it is meant for women to wish their female friends.
Despite not knowing the origin of the day, social media users remain quite excited to celebrate it with their significant other or best friend. They have created a buzz around it as they take their girl-friend(s) or girlfriend out to dinner or shower them with gifts or something like that to make it a special day.
As a part of activities for the day, you can spend quality time with your girl friends and do things that had bonded you together for the first time. It could be watching movies, night partying, shopping, or eating out at a nice restaurant. You have to basically do those things that build that friendship in the first place.
Below are some of the handpicked romantic quotes for your girlfriend or female best friend. You can share it with them to make them feel special. You can also put out a nice Instagram caption with one of their pictures.
National Girlfriends Day Quotes 2020
- “When my girlfriend and I talk about being happy, I’ll get choked up, which I think is the greatest gift you can give a girlfriend.” — Seth Meyers
- “You have me. Until every last star in the galaxy dies. You have me.” -Amie Kaufman
- “Women are made to be loved, not understood.” — Oscar Wilde
- “Even if the universe tries everything to keep us apart, I will never give up on our love.”
- “I like being scared every now and then, I like the suspense and the thrills. Nothing like taking a girlfriend to a movie and holding her hand while she jumps.” — Scott Foley
- “The right person will come along and you won’t need to do anything to keep them interested for the simple fact that you’ll be enough.”
- “Whether you’re throwing up or breaking up, you want your girlfriend right there! I don’t trust women who don’t go to their girlfriends.” — Drew Barrymore
- “They asked him ‘how’s your life?’ He smiled and answered ‘She is fine’
- “There’s nothing better than a glass of wine, a girlfriend, and a long talk.” — Karen Fairchild
- “‘You.’ And just like that, the greatest poem was written, in one word.” – Clinton
- “It’s all about reminding the other person how important and special she is to you.” — Tyler Hoechlin
- “There is my heart, and then there is you, and I’m not sure there is a difference”
- “Friendship between women is different than friendship between men. We talk about different things. We delve deep. We go under, even if we haven’t seen each other for years.” — Jane Fonda
- “Off topic but you’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me”
- “Women understand. We may share experiences, make jokes, paint pictures, and describe humiliations that mean nothing to men, but women understand.” — Gloria Steinem