Tin Star is officially coming back with season 3. But what will the plot be? Who will be starring? Well, we have got all the answers for you.
Tin Star is a British-Canadian thriller series, initially released in the year 2017. The show gained fame instantly and became a favorite for many, though it did suffer from some criticism.
While season two concluded in 2019, it was announced that the show would come with another season soon. We have been waiting to hear all about the plot, cast, and release date. Let’s get into the details and find out everything we know so far.
Tin Star Season 3 Plot: What will happen?
Season two ended with Jack, Angela, and Anna trying to flee to England using fake passports. His past had finally come to haunt him. Without wasting any time, he executed his plan of action.
The team has officially released the plot for season three, and it sounds very promising. We will see the Worth family back. It was noted that the show was being shot in England. The Worth family is set to return to the UK after 20 years of being away. They know some deep secrets that threaten the criminals of the city.
Leading this gang is going to be Michael Ryan, who is one of the successful crime bosses. Michael is a fearless, clever, and smart businessman who wants to redevelop the city. His roots are tied with the underworld, and he has remained un-convicted because he can catch anything that may be a trouble for him.
It is not only a business quarrel; it is also very personal. Apart from having the inside news on corruption and drug trafficking, Angela and Jack know a more profound secret, which has the potential to blow the entire city apart.
The official synopsis reads the following:
“Season 3 picks up after Jack and Angela revealed the truth to their daughter Anna. Thousands of miles away from the Rocky vista of a Canadian town, Little Big Bear, Jack, Angela, and Anna return to the UK twenty years after leaving to confront the sinister truth they ran from. The secrets they hold threaten a group of dangerous criminals who are still operating in the city. Jack, Angela, and Anna will stop at nothing to defeat their common enemy.”
Tin Star Season 3 Cast: Who will be in it?
We will be seeing our main characters coming back like Tim Roth (The Hateful Eight) as James Worth, Genevieve O’Reilly (Legend of Tarzan) as Angela Worth, and Abigail Lawrie (Murdered for Being Different) as Anna Worth.
Besides them, we will also get to see the following stars:
- Ian Hart (Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone) as Michael Ryan, the crime boss of Merseyside,
- Tanya Moodie (Motherland) as Catherine McKenzie: She was Jack’s handler twenty years ago when he was undercover for the Met hired to infiltrate organized crime in Liverpool. Now, she is the Chief Constable of Greater Merseyside Police who is ruthless, highly intelligent, and extremely powerful.
- Kerrie Hayes (The Mill) as DI Sarah Lunt: a highly trained officer who looks up to Catherine and is an asset to any police force. She is ambitious and straight down the line cop.
- Joanne Whalley (Willow) as Mary: a part police informant, part community activist, and a trusted friend of Jack.
Tin Star Season 3 Release Date: When will it premiere?
The show was renewed in 2019 following the end of season two. However, it was also announced that it was going to be the last season for the series. The filming of the show started in Liverpool in July 2019.
The show is expected to be released sometime this year. Usually, the show takes 15 months to be completed. If that happens with this season, it may come out towards the end of 2020. (check: Netflix’s Santa Clarita Diet Season 4 Release Date, Cast, Trailer, Episodes: Has the Series Been Cancelled or Renewed?.)
Is there any trailer for Tin Star season 3?
So far, the trailer has not been released, although you can check it for season two below. (check: Netflix’s Southern Survival Season 2 Release Date, Renewal Status, Cast, Plot: Is it renewed or canceled?.)
How many episodes are there in season 3 of Tin Star?
Season three will have somewhere between 6-10 episodes. The runtime of the show will be around 60 minutes. The show is available to stream on Amazon Prime.
Shows Like Tin Star
- Marcella: Follows a police officer in London trying to find the killer of a child. The show brings many different characters from different walks of life. It will take you on a dark and emotional journey with each twist and turn.
- The Tunnel: Show revolves around British and French Detective, who is sent to investigate a French politician murder who is found dead in a Channel Tunnel.
- Save Me: Follows a father trying to find his missing daughter Jody. As the days go by, he starts unraveling more about him than he would have ever imagined.